When Sam vomited again that evening, Mrs Morrish called NHS Direct and spoke to Chipunza, who referred her to Devon Doctors Ltd at pm.
A GP from Devon Doctors Ltd called at pm, but there was no answer.
We are passionate about building lasting relationships with our customers and providing high-quality landscape solutions.
A bungling NHS Direct call handler contributed to the death of a three-year-old boy by giving his mother the wrong advice over the phone, a tribunal heard yesterday.
Sam Morrish died from severe sepsis during a flu epidemic in December 2010 following a catalogue of blunders.
The medic prescribed antibiotics in case an infection developed and sent Sam home.
The next day, however, Sam felt worse and his mother phoned the surgery for advice in the morning.
Read more : Babies are dying unnecessarily because of Tory NHS reforms say doctors A nurse arranged for another GP to contact her and Mrs Morrish was called at around 2pm, with an appointment organised for pm.
At that appointment, the second GP assessed Sam, gave him cough syrup and again sent him home.
NHS Direct nurse advisor Daisy Chipunza admitted contributing to Sam's death after failing to recognise the seriousness of his case and giving his mother incorrect advice.
Sam had been treated by two GPs at The Cricketfield Surgery, Newton Abbot, Devon and his parents had also sought advice from NHS Direct and Devon Doctors Ltd, a local out-of-hours GP service, before he was finally taken to Torbay Hospital at pm on 22 December, 2010.
He died on the morning of 23 December 2010 as a result of group A streptococcal septicaemia.
Following the death, a June 2014 report by the Health Service Ombudsman, titled 'An avoidable death of a three-year-old child from sepsis', found that 'every organisation that provided care to Sam failed in some way' The report concluded: "Had Sam received appropriate care and treatment, he would have survived." Sam was first seen by a GP at The Cricketfield Surgery on 21 December, having been ill for around a week with flu symptoms, stomach pain and vomiting.